Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gautham Pamu <ga...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/06 08:46:39 UTC

m202 How to package ear with our version numbers for the included artifiacts

Hi Everyone,

Currently when I package my ear, it is include the ejb jars and wars files
in the ear but the jars names include the version number. I would
have package the jars in the ear without the version numbers.

For example:

   in my ear..  i have following dependency so it is packaging the
compAWeb-1.0.war in the ear, I want to have compAEJBClient.jar in the ear
instead.
   Is it possible to change names of the jars while packaging the ear using
ear pluging or do I have to package the jar using a custom anttask

       <dependency>
            <groupId>companyName</groupId>
            <artifactId>compAWeb</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </dependency>

I tried changing the finalName for the war project to artifactname so it
packaged two war files in the ear file. One with version
compAWeb-1.0.warand another without version
compAWeb.war

Any suggestions on how package this kind of ear file.

--
-Gautham Pamu

Re: m202 How to package ear with our version numbers for the included artifiacts

Posted by Mang Jun Lau <Ma...@otpp.com>.
Is there a way to change the bundle name of a dependency for WARs too?  I
don't want JARs in my WAR file to have version numbers on them.

Any response would be good thanks.

_Mang Lau

"Stephane Nicoll" <st...@gmail.com>
03/07/2006 08:58 AM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: m202 How to package ear with our version numbers for the included
artifiacts

See the EAR doc which explains how to change the bundle name of a
dependency.

Now, this sounds interesting, you can open an improvement in Jira if you
like.

Cheers,
Stéphane

--
.::You're welcome ::.

Re: m202 How to package ear with our version numbers for the included artifiacts

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.

--
.::You're welcome ::.