Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mirko Jahn <mi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/15 08:30:59 UTC

How to install an artifact in the local repository from within a plugin

Hey there,

I am currently trying to manually install an artifact from a remote
repository into the local repository to do some file operations on it.
I can resolve the artifact with:
resolver.resolve(dependency, remoteRepositories, repository);
But this doesn't install the artifact locally and google wasn't much
of a help either (at least not with my queries). I am a bit puzzled on
how to do this now...
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mirko

Re: How to install an artifact in the local repository from within a plugin

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Use or look at the dependency plugin. The copy/unpack goals manually
resolve things to the repo.