Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Luigi Tagliamonte <lu...@sysdig.com> on 2017/04/27 23:37:15 UTC

[Question] Automated cluster cleanup

Hello Cassandra users,
my cluster is getting bigger and I was looking into automating some tedious
operations like the node cleanup after adding a new node to the cluster.

I gave a quick search and I didn't find any good available option, so I
decided to look into the JMX interface (In the storage service, I found the
method: forceKeyspaceCleanup that seems a good candidate), before going
hardcore with SSH+nodetool sessions.

I was wondering if somebody here wants to share his experiences about this
task, and what do you think about JMX approach instead of the SSH one.

Thank you.

--
Luigi
---

Re: [Question] Automated cluster cleanup

Posted by Luigi Tagliamonte <lu...@sysdig.com>.
Hello Ben,
thank you for sharing the cassandra-reaper reposiroty and about the
security advice.
Regards

--
Luigi