Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com> on 2004/07/05 11:43:54 UTC

Re: Jetspeed Login

Le mer 30/06/2004 à 00:44, Apostolidis Apostolos a écrit :
>    Hi all! Is there a way to login a user without him having to fill-in
> the login and password fields? What i mean is that if an anonymous user
> clicks on a certain link, is there any way i can use the login and
> password values of a certain account to log in the anonymous user?
>
> I'm using jsp portlets, along with jetspeed-1.4.
>
> Thanx in advance

Hi,

I'm intersted in this question too. I've previously asked this question
on the users mailing list but didn't get an answer.

I've a web app already developped and i'd like to integrate Jetspeed in
it for the portal. My web app has already its authentication procedure
with its own page.
What I would like is to "map" the login of my webapp with the one of
Jetspeed. This could be done the way Apostolidis Apostolos said, or
not...

I read several docs on the Jetspeed site as well as Turbine site, and I
try lots of things, but it never worked.
What is the method to do such an integration?

Any help would be appreciated.

  __  ___    _  _  _    ___
 / /_(_ _)_ / \| \| |__(_ _)
| | _ | |-_) - |    / -_) |
 \_\__|_|_\|_|_|_|\_\___|_|
Cyrille GACHOT

Re: Jetspeed Login

Posted by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com>.
Hi,

I've finally found what is the problem : the Turbine class remove all
the value of the session before login someone.
Here is the code:

if(data.getAction().equalsIgnoreCase(TurbineResources.getString("action.login")))
{
  String[] names = data.getSession().getValueNames();
  if (names != null)
  {
    for (int i = 0; i < names.length; i++)
    {
      data.getSession().removeValue(names[i]);
    }
  }
}

So, when someone logged in my web app try to also log in Jetspeed, all
his information is lost. He is now logged in Jetspeed but no more in my
web app.
Commenting these lines solves my problem.

But i'm quite anxious about this solution. What is the point of removing
all values from the session?
What is the risk not to remove these values?

Jetspeed link to an external jsp

Posted by Oriol Carcelle Bayona <oc...@sbdconsultors.com>.
Hi,

 I'm new in Jetspeed and i need some help. I need to add in a portlet a
link to a JSP that is not configured as a portlet in the psml structure.
 Is this possible, without lossing the tab and menu display?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Jetspeed Login

Posted by Cyrille GACHOT <cy...@cotranet.com>.
Hi again,