Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Boris Schrijver <bo...@pcextreme.nl> on 2015/12/16 08:34:14 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.7.0

Hi all,

Hereby my vote for the ACS 4.7.0 RC 1

Details:

Vote: +1

Besides the integration tests (which all ran fine) I've also tested the
following:

 - S3 Integration (Secondary Storage) with NFS Staging store
 - Ceph RBD storage (Primary Storage)
 - Basic networking with security groups

--

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Boris Schrijver

PCextreme B.V.

http://www.pcextreme.nl/contact
Tel direct: +31 (0) 118 700 215

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.
Hi devs,

could someone please test VR in advanced networking? In detail: adding
>=10 public IPs and adding >=5 firewall and portforwarding rules to
each of the IPs.
I've noticed that each single call into the VR updates and verifies the
whole set of rules. I don't know if this was introduced around 4.5 or
if I just hit an edgecase recently. Using more than a few IPs/rules is
not only really time consuming, in case of a network/VR restart it also
leads to a VR shutdown (maybe some watchdog kicks in after a timeout).

Thanks, and sorry that I don't have enough ressources this year to
check this on my own.

Stephan

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.
Vote: +1

See more below

On 16-12-15 08:34, Boris Schrijver wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hereby my vote for the ACS 4.7.0 RC 1
>
> Details:
>
> Vote: +1
>
> Besides the integration tests (which all ran fine) I've also tested the
> following:
>
>  - S3 Integration (Secondary Storage) with NFS Staging store
>  - Ceph RBD storage (Primary Storage)

There is a known issue with 4.7.0:

This issue however also exists in ALL previous versions and there is a
outstanding PR for this: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/1230

Since this issue has been there for a long time I don't consider it as a
blocker.

Wido