Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Wim Kerkhoff <wi...@merilus.com> on 2001/09/28 00:38:53 UTC

HTML::Embperl::Syntax::SSI

Wim Kerkhoff wrote:

> Gerald Richter wrote:
> >
> > > The only thing that's been hooping me up so far in the
> > > inability to do these two types of includes:
> > >
> > > <!--#include virtual="/some/file.html">
> >
> > This should work
>
> Should work, but doesn't. Basically it returns nothing... no errors or
> anything else in its place in the calling document. #include
> file="/path/to/actual/some/file.html" works fine.

I've been trying to get this to work. I think that the problem is that
HTML::Embperl::Syntax::SSI isn't setting up the $apreq object properly.
I added warn, die, and exit calls to InitSSI... but it appears that its
not being called, and hence $apreq (global to SSI.pm) is undefined. I
see where the "callback" is set up for it in Init, but I'm not to sure
where that code snip is supposed to be called from... This also means
that $epreq isn't set up, and that $ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}, etc aren't being
initialized either, which confuses find_file().  I was 100% confident
that I had everything configured properly...

I've attached a diff of what I've been mucking about... currently, I've
got it so that

<!--#include embperl="something.epl"--> works.

For the rest, its pretty messy with the debug stuff I was working with.
I haven't actually tried this out in real code yet, just with sample
Embperl/SSI "hello world" type scripts.

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
Merilus, Inc.  -|- http://www.merilus.com
Email: wim@merilus.com