Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Joseph Wayne Norton <no...@tkg.att.ne.jp> on 2010/04/12 15:05:24 UTC

ThriftIDL and thirft.bnf transliterated into ABNF (RFC5234)

To help clarify my understanding of Thrift's IDL and Protocol Structure, I
transliterated the following two documents into ABNF (RFC5234) documents.

http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftIDL
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/thrift/trunk/doc/thrift.bnf?view=markup

Due to discrepancies between the above documents and a few of the thrift
implementations that I sampled, the correct specification is unclear to
me.  I'd appreciate any corrections and/or feedback on the attached ABNF
documents.

regards,

Joe N.

--