Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Scott Wegner <sc...@apache.org> on 2018/10/05 23:30:17 UTC

Beam website sources migrated to apache/beam

I'm excited to announce that source code for the Beam website has been
successfully migrated to the apache/beam repository [1]. This makes website
contributions first-class and consolidates our tooling and processes [2].
Website validation and HTML generation are integrated into our Gradle build
(./gradlew :beam-website:check) and orchestrated via our standard Jenkins
infrastructure. We expect this will greatly improve PR reliability. For
more background: https://s.apache.org/beam-site-automation

New website contributions should be made in the apache/beam repository.
We'll work on draining off and migrating outstanding PR's from the old
repository before we disconnect Mergebot and fully retire the previous
branch.

We hope the new contribution experience will be seamless and make your
website contributions the best part of your day. If you find any rough
edges or areas for improvement, please add them to the fit-and-finish list
here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-5671

Big thanks to everyone who helped out with this project: Jason Kuster and
Melissa Pashniak for their mentorship, Thomas Weise and Robert Bradshaw for
design feedback, and Alan Myrvold and Udi Meiri for implementation and
documentation.

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/website
[2] https://beam.apache.org/contribute/#contributing-to-the-website

--

Got feedback? tinyurl.com/swegner-feedback

Re: Beam website sources migrated to apache/beam

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
The prospect of a friction free website contribution experience is exciting
news indeed. Thanks to everyone who contributed to it!

Along with the move of some of the developer oriented pages to Wiki this
will hopefully result in a situation where contributors enjoy keeping
contents up-to-date.

Now if something similar could happen to the Intellij experience :)

Thanks,
Thomas

Posted by Etienne Chauchot <ec...@apache.org>.
Very nice !
Thanks Scott and everyone
Etienne

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
Thank you for pushing this through; this is a great improvement!

Posted by Alexey Romanenko <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Awesome,