Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reinhard Moosauer <rm...@moosauer.de> on 2003/04/24 17:29:22 UTC

UserDatabase and virtual Hosts question

Hi all,

Here is a tomcat server with some virtual hosts.
And I want to use the manager app to start/stop/deploy the webapps in
each virtual host.
I achieved this be adding the manager-context to each virtual host.

Fine, so far.
But the UserDatabase is global so that all virtual hosts share the same
admin-user.
Ich want to set up a different realm for each Host. But I dont want to use
JDBCRealm yet.

I tried this:
- Add a <Realm resourceName="VHostUserDatabase" ...  /> to the manager-context
of each virtual host.
- Add a <Resource name="VHostUserDatabase" ... /> to the manager-context of
each virtual host. (+ ResourceParams)
  And there I give a different path for the xml-File for each vhost.

But then I get this exception:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name VhostUserDatabase is not bound in
this Context

What am I doing wrong? There are no errors about xml-syntax in the logs.
Is there a HOWTO for this case?

I would have preferred to set the Ressource and Realm at <Host>-Level, but it
seems that no Ressource-Entry is allowed at Host-Level?!

Help and hints would be much appreciated!

regards,
Reinhard