Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2003/06/27 18:01:12 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Can't access HTML docs via ErrorDocument

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, m wrote:
> Bad Gateway
>
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
>
> Additionally, a 502 Bad Gateway error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
> I have set up a directory into which I placed my html documents.  I have
> set up an alias to point to this directory, and I then use the following
> directive
>
> ErrorDocument 502 /fts_patch_errors/HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY.html

You are probably using "ProxyPass / http://someothersite/"
Now, when apache trys to read /fts_path_errors/..., it sees the ProxyPass
and passes that request off to the other server.  Obviously, that is not
what you want when the other server is unreachable.

You can probably solve your problem by adding the following:
ProxyPass /fts_patch_errors !
which should disable proxying for that directory.

See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

Joshua.