Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by DaveB <no...@tasit.net> on 2018/01/29 22:24:13 UTC

Re: Shadowing on text

-------- Original Message  --------
From: Matthew Canada <mc...@gmail.com>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 12:49:05 -0600
> I cannot insert new text without the program adding a shadow. I’ve reset my preferences, I’ve highlighted and added shadow, then removed, but it persists. I can’t find a way around it> > Please advis> > Matt Canada
Hi Matt,

You haven't given us much information (eg. operating system, software
version, etc.) to assess a possible situation, so any advice we give you
has to be a guess. What you describe has to be something that has been
set in your configuration of the software, otherwise millions of other
users would be reporting the same issue.

Assuming that your issue is with Writer (the word processor), one
possibility is that you have (somehow?) changed the default or text body
font "Style" or "Template" to have a shadow. If you are unfamiliar with
"Styles" and "Templates" please search the Apache Openoffice website for
these terms an you will find a lot of information, some a little dated
but still valid.

Does the text of a new document also have the shadow? If so, you can
reset everything to the default settings by renaming (recommended) or
deleting what is known as your "User Profile" (personal preferences).
For details see the following tutorial in the User Forum: Reset your
user profile:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426#p58403.

If none of the above help to resolve your issue, please write back with
more specific detailed information.

Regards
Dave