Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Hanish Bansal <ha...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/13 13:10:26 UTC

Not able to get data if Master cluster goes down in case of data replication

Hi All,

My use case is to solution for HBase Disaster recovery. As Replication
is a HBase
Disaster recovery solution. I am using master-slave mode of replication.

I have two separate HBase clusters and separate zookeeper for each cluster:
Zookeeper for first hbase cluster is : zoo1:2181
Zookeeper for 2nd hbase cluster is : zoo2:2181

My *first hbase cluster is master cluster *and i have enabled replication
by referring the
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2012/08/hbase-replication-operational-overview/.
When i insert the data on master cluster by connecting to *zoo1:2181,* it
is replicated to slave cluster.
Till now there is no problem.

But as HBase Disaster recovery's main scenario is that
slave cluster will serve real time traffic in case the master site is down.

My application is querying HBase by connecting to *zoo1:2181.* Now if
master cluster goes down then queries should be served by slave cluster
because zoo1 holds replicated regionservers information. But i am not able
to get any data Instead i am getting MasterNotRunning exception.

Anything i am missing??

Any suggestion would really be helpful.

Thanks in advance !!

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Hanish Bansal*

Re: Not able to get data if Master cluster goes down in case of data replication

Posted by Hanish Bansal <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for Response Demai :)

Posted by Demai Ni <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hanish,