Posted to users@felix.apache.org by LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/13 03:28:02 UTC

Create GoGo Shell Command

Hi

I want to write some customer commands with GoGo.
Commands like invoking my app service and display the results, is that
possible?

I'm not sure how to do it, is there a guide or sample somewhere?

Regards
LongkerDandy

Re: Create GoGo Shell Command

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/12/10 21:28, LongkerDandy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to write some customer commands with GoGo.

It's just "Gogo".

> Commands like invoking my app service and display the results, is that
> possible?

Yep.

> I'm not sure how to do it, is there a guide or sample somewhere?

For services, you can actually just use the service object itself, just
add some service properties. That the general approach, you don't need
to do anything special just register an object in the service registry
and include a couple service properties so the Gogo runtime recognizes
it. Look here:

     http://felix.apache.org/site/rfc-147-overview.html

Also, if you want to see some examples using annotations for the help
system, currently that is only shown in source code, so you'll need to
look here:

     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/gogo/command/

This is the set of commands that are included with the Felix framework
releases. If you type "help" or "help <command>" you can see how the
annotations are used to display descriptive information.

-> richard