Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Joe Kessel <is...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/02 22:45:01 UTC

RE: UTF-8 Character Set not specifed on OutputStreamWriter in StreamingUpdateSolrServer

I finally got around to testing the patch and it works well.

Thanks,

Joe

> Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:32:46 -0800
> From: hossman_lucene@fucit.org
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: UTF-8 Character Set not specifed on OutputStreamWriter in StreamingUpdateSolrServer
>

> : Specifying the file.encoding did work, although I don't think it is a
> : suitable workaround for my use case. Any idea what my next step is to
> : having a bug opened.
>
> no, you shouldn't *have* to specifying -Dfile.encoding=UTF8, Shalin was
> just asking to try that to verify that really was the extent of the
> problem
>
> I created a bug to track this...
>

> -Hoss

Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_4:092009