Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2003/02/19 22:11:58 UTC

Maven b8

Apologies if these have already been reported.

One oddity from a user point of view:

1)
I upgrade to b8, I run maven and it is nice and quiet.
I run maven clean, and suddenly it has an enourmous dependency list to
download. Seems very weird when it's just(?) removing directories.

2)
maven clean does not remove the maven.log file that is created.

Which incidentally has some exceptions in, I assume it doesn't like:

    <jarResources>
        <jarResource>include = *.dtd</jarResource>
        <jarResource>include = log4j.properties</jarResource>
    </jarResources>

as the exceptions are number format exceptions on 'include' and 'exclude'.
I don't have exclude anywhere, but I do have include in that place.

Hen

Re: Maven b8

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

>Apologies if these have already been reported.
>
>One oddity from a user point of view:
>
>1)
>I upgrade to b8, I run maven and it is nice and quiet.
>I run maven clean, and suddenly it has an enourmous dependency list to
>download. Seems very weird when it's just(?) removing directories.

You will always pull down dependencies which are listed in your
project.xml. Additionally, goals are normally defined in plugins, so you
will pull down dependencies needed by each plugin (there may be more
than one, since a goal in one plugin may have as a requirement a goal in
another plugin.