Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Koen De Groote <kd...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/25 10:58:07 UTC

How to add replica cluster-policy

Using solr7_6

This documentation:
https://solr.apache.org/guide/7_6/solrcloud-autoscaling-api.html#solrcloud-autoscaling-api

Speaks of "cluster-policy". I recently did a restore of a backup, and it
does not have this.

The API output for autoscaling only shows:

"config":{
    "cluster-preferences":[{
        "minimize":"cores",
        "precision":1}]}}

There is no "cluster-policy" in the output.

Now I'm faced with a problem where a replica isn't being made on my 2nd
host and the repair action in the admin interface fails, saying it can't
find replica locations that don't violate the policies... and then shows me
an empty list of policies.

I don't understand what is going on.

How can I insert my own list of policies?

Regards,
Koen De Groote

Re: How to add replica cluster-policy

Posted by Koen De Groote <kd...@gmail.com>.
To answer my own question: it was disk space.

Has to be below 80% used disk space. Or it won't start the replication.