Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by "Dandekar, Sheel" <Sh...@ucsf.edu> on 2007/06/11 23:32:03 UTC

installation - can't find liblog4cxx.10.dylib

Hi,

I'm trying to install log4cxx (svn) on Mac OS X , and I'm having trouble getting make install to work.  ./configure and make both run with no errors, so I think all the prerequisites (ant-contrib, cpptasks,  apr, apr-util) are being found.  When I run make check, I get the following error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblog4cxx.10.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/admin/Desktop/wavewatcher/logging-log4cxx/tests/src/.libs/testsuite
  Reason: image not found
make[1]: *** [run-unittest] Error 133
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

When I run make install, i get:

Making install in src
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib
 /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  liblog4cxx.la /usr/local/lib/liblog4cxx.la
libtool: install: warning: relinking `liblog4cxx.la'
(cd /Users/admin/Desktop/wavewatcher/logging-log4cxx/src; /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=relink g++ -g -O2 -L/Users/admin/Desktop/apr-1.2.8 -lapr-1 -lpthread -L/Users/admin/Desktop/apr-util-1.2.8 -laprutil-1 -lsqlite3 /Users/admin/Desktop/apr-util-1.2.8/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.la -liconv -o liblog4cxx.la -rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info 10:0:0 - -L/Users/admin/Desktop/apr-1.2.8 -lapr-1 -lpthread action.lo appenderattachableimpl.lo appenderskeleton.lo aprinitializer.lo asyncappender.lo basicconfigurator.lo bufferedwriter.lo bytearrayinputstream.lo bytebuffer.lo cacheddateformat.lo charsetdecoder.lo charsetencoder.lo class.lo classnamepatternconverter.lo classregistration.lo condition.lo configurator.lo consoleappender.lo cyclicbuffer.lo dailyrollingfileappender.lo datagrampacket.lo datagramsocket.lo date.lo dateformat.lo datelayout.lo datepatternconverter.lo defaultcategoryfactory.lo defaultconfigurator.lo domconfigurator.lo exception.lo fallbackerrorhandler.lo file.lo fileappender.lo filedatepatternconverter.lo fileinputstream.lo filelocationpatternconverter.lo fileoutputstream.lo filerenameaction.lo filewatchdog.lo filterbasedtriggeringpolicy.lo fixedwindowrollingpolicy.lo formattinginfo.lo fulllocationpatternconverter.lo hierarchy.lo htmllayout.lo inetaddress.lo inputstream.lo inputstreamreader.lo integer.lo integerpatternconverter.lo layout.lo level.lo levelmatchfilter.lo levelrangefilter.lo levelpatternconverter.lo linelocationpatternconverter.lo lineseparatorpatternconverter.lo literalpatternconverter.lo loggerpatternconverter.lo loggingeventpatternconverter.lo loader.lo locale.lo locationinfo.lo logger.lo loggingevent.lo loglog.lo logmanager.lo logstream.lo manualtriggeringpolicy.lo messagepatternconverter.lo methodlocationpatternconverter.lo mdc.lo mutex.lo nameabbreviator.lo namepatternconverter.lo ndcpatternconverter.lo ndc.lo nteventlogappender.lo objectimpl.lo objectptr.lo obsoleterollingfileappender.lo odbcappender.lo onlyonceerrorhandler.lo optionconverter.lo outputdebugstringappender.lo outputstream.lo outputstreamwriter.lo patternconverter.lo patternlayout.lo patternparser.lo pool.lo properties.lo propertiespatternconverter.lo propertyconfigurator.lo propertyresourcebundle.lo propertysetter.lo reader.lo relativetimedateformat.lo relativetimepatternconverter.lo resourcebundle.lo rollingfileappender.lo rollingpolicy.lo rollingpolicybase.lo rolloverdescription.lo rootcategory.lo serversocket.lo simpledateformat.lo simplelayout.lo sizebasedtriggeringpolicy.lo smtpappender.lo socket.lo socketappender.lo socketappenderskeleton.lo sockethubappender.lo socketimpl.lo socketinputstream.lo socketnode.lo socketoutputstream.lo strftimedateformat.lo stringhelper.lo stringmatchfilter.lo stringtokenizer.lo synchronized.lo syslogappender.lo syslogwriter.lo system.lo systemerrwriter.lo systemoutwriter.lo telnetappender.lo thread.lo threadspecificdata.lo threadpatternconverter.lo throwableinformationpatternconverter.lo timezone.lo timebasedrollingpolicy.lo transform.lo triggeringpolicy.lo transcoder.lo ttcclayout.lo unicodehelper.lo writer.lo writerappender.lo xmllayout.lo xmlsocketappender.lo )
libtool: link: warning: `/usr/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/../../..//libiconv.la' seems to be moved
mv: rename liblog4cxx.10.dylib to liblog4cxx.10.dylibU: No such file or directory
libtool: install: error: relink `liblog4cxx.la' with the above command before installing it
make[2]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I have tried running sudo make install but it does the same thing.  I tried running the command suggested in parentheses, but i get the same error.  I don't understand the libiconv.la error, since the file appears to be there.  liblog4cxx.la does exist in /usr/local/lib, however the .dylib does not.  Does anyone know what I might do to have it generate this file?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sheel