Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Lee, William" <Wi...@Cognos.COM> on 2002/01/23 16:17:15 UTC

Memory leak or threading problem in Xalan-J 2.2?

Hi All,

We hit a show-stopper, and hope someone can shed some lights on it. Thanks
in advance for all you help!

Our application is a server app that serves multiple requests. We are
currently using Xalan 2.2 via JAXP API.

However, we encountered a memory "leak" problem that the memory usage keep
going up after each request, and eventually "out of memory exception" is
thrown by the JVM.

By using some memory monitor, we notices that, for each request, the
StreamResult's streams (about 2M each) are hanging on by multiple instances
of TransformerImpl objects, even after request threads are destroyed by the
JVM.

This only happens when multiple requests comes in at the same time (i.e.,
multiple threads execution)... The problem do not exist for single request.

Did anyone have any idea? The attached files are the trim down version of a
XML, XSL, and the Java test program.

Thanks again.
William.

 <<x.xsl>>  <<x.xml>>  <<TestXalan.java>>