Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Rutledge, Aaron" <AR...@5prime.com> on 2002/09/23 10:48:09 UTC

changing ROOT context

I am simply trying to change the ROOT context from /ROOT to /mydirectory and I have been up all night doing it.  I have changed server.xml from...

          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
to...

          <Context path="" docBase="mydirectory" debug="0"/>

and the default home page still went to /ROOT.  After much frustration I thought I could perhaps live with my ap being in /ROOT so I shut down the server and removed everything in ROOT and pasted all of the data from my application (this is actually they way I had it before I decided to ruin my sunday night by upgrading to TOmcat 4.1).  When I restart it mysteriously still loads the default home page even though it is totally different that /mydirectory/index.jsp.  I can't even understand where it is pulling the file from?!  I have reloaded my machine a million times hoping this is a cache issue.  Does anyone have a clue what is going on?!  This should be textbook (which is why I was such an idiot as to not back it up before..argh!!).  ANy help GREATLY appreciated.  Regards, Aaron