Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de> on 2013/03/26 12:04:06 UTC

"./." from UrlRenderer.renderUrl()

I found that in some situations, when
Component.continueToOriginalDestination is called, the
InterceptionData object used there internally points to the home
page, i.e., the path element is empty. In that case the
RequestCycle's UrlRenderer.renderUrl() produces "./.".

This URL seems to cause problems with some browsers, e.g. in the
IE I found this leading to 404 pages.

I have fixed this by implementing my own UrlRenderer which
produces an absolute path here (e.g. with an URL prefix
'http://xxx.yy/foo', an URL './.' would produce '/foo').

Just wondering, is there a problem with the way the default
UrlRenderer produces such URLs?

Cheers,

M'bert

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------
=+=

Re: "./." from UrlRenderer.renderUrl()

Posted by Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de>.
On Tue, March 26, 2013, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> Which version of Wicket do you use ?

6.6.0

> Can you reproduce the problem in a demo application? If YES - please attach
> it to a ticket in Jira. Thanks!

I'll have a look.

Cheers,

M'bert

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------
=+=
Woher soll ich wissen, was ich denke, bevor ich hoere, was ich sage?

Re: "./." from UrlRenderer.renderUrl()

Posted by Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de>.
On Tue, March 26, 2013, Martin Grigorov wrote:

> Can you reproduce the problem in a demo application? If YES - please attach
> it to a ticket in Jira. Thanks!

M'bert

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------
=+=
Arthur: "It's at times like this I wish I'd listened to my mother"
Ford  : "Why, what did she say?"
Arthur: "I don't know, I never listened"

Re: "./." from UrlRenderer.renderUrl()

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de> wrote:

> I found that in some situations, when
> Component.continueToOriginalDestination is called, the
> InterceptionData object used there internally points to the home
> page, i.e., the path element is empty. In that case the
> RequestCycle's UrlRenderer.renderUrl() produces "./.".
>
> This URL seems to cause problems with some browsers, e.g. in the
> IE I found this leading to 404 pages.
>
> I have fixed this by implementing my own UrlRenderer which
> produces an absolute path here (e.g. with an URL prefix
> 'http://xxx.yy/foo', an URL './.' would produce '/foo').
>
> Just wondering, is there a problem with the way the default
> UrlRenderer produces such URLs?
>
> Cheers,
>
> M'bert
>
> --