Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Vaibhav Khanduja <va...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/26 21:01:51 UTC

OS X build

I am running into issues with build on my MAC - OSX … the configure scripts
complaints about libapr-1 not present. I was able to find a workaround by
passing configure with —with-apr option. Looks like the script checks for
variable to be valid shell variable, if not it is rejected.

I was able workaround with having quotes and missing a “-“ for the variable

 ../configure -disable-python --disable-java
"-with-apr=/usr/local/Cellar/apr/1.5.2/libexec/“

the configure —help though suggests to use —with-apr

am I missing something here?

Thx

Re: OS X build

Posted by "DiGiorgio, Mr. Rinaldo S." <rd...@pace.edu>.
Hi,

   I have built the current tip of the mesos repository on three different physicall instances of OSX 10.10.5 without issue. I used homebrew for dependencies.  The only change I had to make was change my .m2/settings.xml file to use a proxy for getting to the maven repos.

   If you can provide a github ref for what to build I will run the build on some additional OSX machines I have.

Rinaldo

On Oct 1, 2015, at 03:07, Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Vaibhav,

What version of OS X do you have? Do you not have /usr/include/apr-1 or /usr/include/apr-1.0 available?
I also installed apr-1.5.2 via brew install apr and ../configure --with-apr=/usr/local/Cellar/apr/1.5.2/libexec worked fine for me.

As far as how configure.ac<http://configure.ac/> is written, when --with-apr is specified, it prepends -I${with_apr}/include/apr-1 -I${with_apr}/include/apr-1.0 and
-L${with_apr}/lib. if --with-apr is not specified, it uses -I/usr/include/apr-1 -I/usr/include/apr-1.0.

I hope this helps a little. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

MPark.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 9:25 PM James Peach <jo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2015, at 4:15 PM, Vaibhav Khanduja <va...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Probably yes,
>
> The issue which I am pointing out is with the configure script not accepting option "—with-arp"

OK then I'm confused because there is a --with-apr option, and it works AFAICT

jpeach$ ./configure --help | grep apr
  --with-apr=[=DIR]       specify where to locate the apr-1 library

Re: OS X build

Posted by Michael Park <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vaibhav,

Re: OS X build

Posted by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: OS X build

Posted by Vaibhav Khanduja <va...@gmail.com>.
Probably yes,

Re: OS X build

Posted by James Peach <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: OS X build

Posted by Alexander Rojas <al...@mesosphere.io>.
Well, libapr-1 is supposed to be shipped with default with OS X, so in theory one shouldn’t need to use the homebrew version. I did had a problem with my machine not finding libapr after I updated to “El Capitan.” My solution was to reinstall the command line tools with `code-select —install`. Note that with the latest OS X you may need to set:

```
export CXXFLAGS="-Wno-unused-local-typedef -Wno-deprecated-declarations”
export CCFLAGS="-Wno-unused-local-typedef -Wno-deprecated-declarations”
```

Since the latest OS X deprecates libsasl.