Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by zhou jian <su...@yahoo.com> on 2005/07/15 22:17:22 UTC

Re: I can't access the tomcat managment console

Without solving this problem, I can't do anything for
my work.

Thanks for your help.

--Paul

Posted by zhou jian <su...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry for the bother. But I have sent the message to
the user list, and there is no response for a long
time. I am trying to do develop work with tomcat right
now. I set the file according to the offical
instructions,here is the excerpt:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="standard"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <user username="jzhou" password="12345"
roles="standard,manager"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat"
roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat"
roles="role1"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat"
roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="admin" password="secret"
roles="manager"/>
</tomcat-users>

I did extensive search over the internet and did find
some people suggest that I add "admin" role. I added
in  another test but failed.

I am submitting this to this group, 'cause I felt this
issue is really strange. I download the tomcat
freshly, I can only access the Tomcat Manager for the
first time with a failed attempts. Later, I reinstall
tomcat, but the problem exists.

Status
Tomcat Administration
Tomcat Manager

I used to use lower version of tomcat. There is no
problem of that. I doubt that this is the specified
problem of 5.5.9.

I don't really have much experience on this mail list.
If you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks,

--Paul

Posted by Ian Darwin <ia...@darwinsys.com>.