Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/01/11 19:41:22 UTC

Misc

Hi,

I'll add the enhancements to MockLifecycle ([1])in shale's SVN.

But after that...

What will happen with:
-a release
-the myfaces move ?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-482

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: Is their a road map for Shale? was(Re: Misc)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
too much stuff inside;
not everybody is interested in all the bits, which IMO spilts the
community a bit...
anyway.

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
MyFaces is really pretty large already.
I try to avoid to have the next Jakarta ;-)

The test-bits is really what all MyFaces projects use,
so easier to support, IMO

-M

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
If their a road map for future home of Shale and the next release of
Shale? If their is, where is it?

1) Their are a 6 unresolved issues assigned to 1.1.0.  My understanding
is 1.1 will be release once the issues have been resolved.

2) Has the future home of Shale been determined?  My preference is to
keep Shale as it's own project in part because it has no dependency,
aside from unit testing, on MyFaces and the MyFaces the mailing lists
have to many project in them as it is.

Paul Spencer

<snip>

Re: Misc

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Jan 14, 2008 5:19 PM, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/13/08, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 11, 2008 11:41 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Quite a descriptive subject line you've got there. :)
> >
> > > But after that...
> > >
> > > What will happen with:
> > > -a release
> > > -the myfaces move ?
> >
> > I can help with Maven build issues, but I'm unlikely to have time to
> > drive a full release.
> >
> > (I offered to release *just* the shale-test jar, but the consensus
> > seemed to be a desire to release the entire thing.)
> >
> <snip/>
>
> I am in favor of releasing the entire thing this time around.
>
> In general, it might be more overhead, but fragmentation produces
> another set of issues. I think testing and interoperability between
> various modules etc. came up last time this was discussed. Once a
> branch goes GA, it might make sense to release piecemeal on occassions
> since there tend to be lesser moving targets.
>
> In particular, I understand that shale-test is largely independent,
> but the above influences my preference :-)
>
> I'm pretty much traveling till end of February, so I'm left wondering
> whether I can squeeze some time for RM'ing a framework release (I'll
> confirm by replying to this email within a week). I'm also traveling
> with my ThinkPad running WinXP, so I may need help in setting up a
> working m2 environment (I believe I will need Cygwin so I can use the
> release plugin and command-line svn etc. -- time to get that -- any
> other tips? :-).

actually, cygwin is dump.
I did a svn commandline install for windoze.
I ran mvn release:prepare for the windows cmdline.

cygwin can't figure out the virtual paths.

-Matthias

Re: Misc

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 1/14/08, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> I'm pretty much traveling till end of February, so I'm left wondering
> whether I can squeeze some time for RM'ing a framework release (I'll
> confirm by replying to this email within a week).
<snap/>

After some more thought, it doesn't seem like I am able to spare any
cycles for RM'ing in Feb. As a result, I'll also withdraw my mild
objection to releasing modules individually, lest that get in anyone's
way (though, again, it'd be good to do it all in one go IMO :-).

-Rahul

Re: Misc

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Misc