Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by "Carlson, Eric R" <er...@kroger.com> on 2009/03/03 17:37:13 UTC

Is it possible to 'turn off' the ability to change passwords?

            I was recently successful in getting JSPWiki to connect to an external security package, in my case, RACF.   The RACF interface doesn't appear to allow a user to go through the wiki to change their password in RACF.   (I wouldn't really want it to if it did.)

            Is there any way within the JSPWiki configuration files to 'turn off' a user's ability to change their password?   I'm basically looking to have the 'change password' fields disappear from the user profile screen and for the ability to reset their password and have it sent to them via e-mail removed from the logon screen.  (And any other hooks into changing a password that I may be forgetting.)

            Is there a configuration option to do this, or barring that, some way to modify the distribution file to have this option go away?

Eric R. Carlson
Eric.Carlson@kroger.com

________________________________
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and protected by law from unauthorized disclosure. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: Is it possible to 'turn off' the ability to change passwords?

Posted by Harry Metske <ha...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

I don't think there is a "switch" to turn this off.
I assume you are using a JAAS login module to do the job, if you would use
container managed authentication, then users would automatically be
disallowed to set their login-id and change their password, because those
are managed by the web container.

You can, of course, always hack the JSP's yourself and remove these fields.

regards,
Harry