Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2004/10/27 22:57:37 UTC

Re: new version of NewMultiFieldQueryParser

> I'm not sure this solution is very robust ....

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it *is* robust.  Can you please offer a
specific critique?  Always happy to learn and improve :-).

> I think I already sent an email with a better code...

Pretty vague.  Can you send a URL for that message in the archive?

Bill

Re: new version of NewMultiFieldQueryParser

Posted by sergiu gordea <gs...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>.
Morus Walter wrote:

>Bill Janssen writes:
>

>>>Try to see the behavior if you want to have a single term query ....
>>>juat something like: "robust" .. and print out the query string ...
>>>

>>Sure, that works fine.  For instance, if you have the three default
>>fields "title", "authors", and "contents", the one-word search
>>"robust" expands to
>>
>>   title:foobar authors:foobar contents:foobar
>>
>>just as it should.
>>

>>> Try to see what is happening with Prefix, Wild, and Fuzzy searches ...
>>>

>>Good point.  My older version (see below) found these, but the new one
>>doesn't.  Oh, well, back to the working version.  I knew there was some
>>reason getFieldQuery wasn't sufficient.
>>

>wouldn't it be better to go on and overwrite the methods creating these
>types of queries too?
>
>Morus

Yes that't what I wanted to suggest ...
The query parser work fine  if you add all types of query parser ... but
it was not working correctly in the case of single tem.
Therefore I test this first and I create a Query by using the normal
MultifieldQueryParser.
Maybe is not the best solution but it works perfect ... and I had to
write just a few lines of code ....

 Sergiu

Re: new version of NewMultiFieldQueryParser

Posted by Morus Walter <mo...@tanto.de>.

Posted by sergiu gordea <gs...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>.
Bill Janssen wrote:

>>I'm not sure this solution is very robust ....
>>

>Thanks, but I'm pretty sure it *is* robust.  Can you please offer a
>specific critique?  Always happy to learn and improve :-).

Try to see the behavior if you want to have a single term query ....
juat something like: "robust" .. and print out the query string ...

 Try to see what is happening with Prefix, Wild, and Fuzzy searches ...

  :)

   Sergiu