Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Fenlason, Josh" <jf...@ptc.com> on 2005/11/07 21:14:38 UTC

HPUX Itanium Native Connector Build Error

Hey everybody!
I'm trying to build the native apr connector from Tomcat 5.5.12 on HPUX
Itanium and I'm running into a problem during the configure.  APR 1.2.2
built fine.  I built OpenSSL 0.9.8a as a static library (I couldn't get
it to build as a shared library.)  When I try to configure the tomcat
native connector, I get the following error:

checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
checking for SSLeay_version in -lcrypto... no
checking for SSL_CTX_new in -lssl... no
checking for ENGINE_init... no
checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no
configure: error: ... Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable

Here's my build environment:
gcc 3.3.1
gnu make 3.79.1

Here's how I configured the native connector
CC="gcc -static-libgcc" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/home/snow/jfenlason/hp/lib/opensslStaticDist/include" \
SHLIB_PATH="/home/snow/jfenlason/hp/lib/opensslStaticDist/lib" \
CFLAGS="-O2" \
./configure \
"--prefix=/home/snow/jfenlason/hp/lib/tomcatNativeConnector" \
"--with-apr=/home/snow/jfenlason/hp/lib/apr" \
"--with-ssl=/home/snow/jfenlason/hp/lib/opensslStaticDist" \
"--with-java_home=/opt/java1.5" \
"--with-java-platform=2" \
"$@"

Has anyone been able to get this to work?  Suggestions on what I'm doing
wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.

Re: HPUX Itanium Native Connector Build Error

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@telefonica.net>.
Fenlason, Josh wrote:

>Hey everybody!
>I'm trying to build the native apr connector from Tomcat 5.5.12 on HPUX
>Itanium and I'm running into a problem during the configure.  APR 1.2.2
>built fine.  I built OpenSSL 0.9.8a as a static library (I couldn't get
>it to build as a shared library.)  When I try to configure the tomcat
>native connector, I get the following error:
>
>checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
>checking for SSLeay_version in -lcrypto... no
>checking for SSL_CTX_new in -lssl... no
>checking for ENGINE_init... no
>checking for ENGINE_load_builtin_engines... no
>checking for SSL_set_cert_store... no
>configure: error: ... Error, SSL/TLS libraries were missing or unusable

The config.log probably contains more information about what is going wrong.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Fenlason, Josh wrote:
> Hey everybody!
> I'm trying to build the native apr connector from Tomcat 5.5.12 on HPUX
> Itanium and I'm running into a problem during the configure.  APR 1.2.2
> built fine.  I built OpenSSL 0.9.8a as a static library (I couldn't get
> it to build as a shared library.)

Have you been able to build apr as dso?

>  When I try to configure the tomcat
> native connector, I get the following error:
>
> checking for openssl/engine.h... yes
> checking for SSLeay_version in -lcrypto... no
> checking for SSL_CTX_new in -lssl... no

Obviously something is wrong with your OpenSSL build, because
autoconfigure's AC_CHECK_LIB could not find SSLeay_version
function in -lcrypto.

> Has anyone been able to get this to work?  Suggestions on what I'm doing
> wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I would try to build the shared openssl as first.

Regards,
Mladen.