Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2010/08/03 06:57:14 UTC

Does anyone understand JoinManager?

In investigating TaskManager requirements, I've got some questions about
how JoinManager works. Perhaps someone else already understand
JoinManager well enough to answer, which would save me some code reading
time.

I'm looking into the issue of retries in the presence of sequence
numbers. The problem is that a high sequence number task can get through
while a conflicting low sequence number task is waiting for a retry
after a failure.

The ProxyRegTask runafter comment claims that only the lowest sequence
number ProxyRegTask for a given service is guaranteed to start with a
registration, and therefore be safe to run when there is no service ID.
Is that correct?

Thanks for any help,

Patricia