Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Sudeep Mallick <su...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/22 15:59:34 UTC

SCA JAXB related query...

Hi,

I have a minor query on SCA using JAXB binding. How do I pass around custom
data type for example, a PurchaseOrder class while having SCA domain client
and server interaction. I have tried the same code for non-SCA Web services
based service provider and consumer and it works primarily the support
classes for unmarshalling/marshalling get generated by the IDE. However, for
the case of SCA no such support classes are generated. I was assuming SCA
runtime would take care of it, but it doesnt. What should I do? Any pointers
to any guide, etc would also help.

Thanks,
Sudeep

Re: SCA JAXB related query...

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for your interests.

To help us better understand your requirements, can you describe your case
using a sample scenario? For example, you want to access an external web
service expecting a Customer which is a complex type by the WSDL/XSD, and
you don't have JAXB classes generated from the XSD on the SCA side? We
definitely support alternative databindings such as SDO, AXIOM, or DOM which
can handle the XML infoset in dynamic style (without code-gen).

Thanks,
Raymond

Re: SCA JAXB related query...

Posted by shaoguang geng <ge...@yahoo.com>.
Hi, My opinion of your request is: interact between machines on the bases of WS/wsdl is neutral of technologies. Any data binding (such JAXB) could be used by provider or client but not necessary both. The origin of a provider or client is WSDL, nothing else.

And generation of code get started from a wsdl and nothing else too.

I wish this worth something to you.

Good Luck.

Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> wrote: Sudeep,

Thanks for your query.

Which non-SCA runtimes are you describing here?  And which IDE?

SCA is not itself an IDE - are you expecting the necessary support
classes to be generated on-the-fly by the SCA runtime?

Yours,  Mike.

Sudeep Mallick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a minor query on SCA using JAXB binding. How do I pass around custom
> data type for example, a PurchaseOrder class while having SCA domain client
> and server interaction. I have tried the same code for non-SCA Web services
> based service provider and consumer and it works primarily the support
> classes for unmarshalling/marshalling get generated by the IDE. However, for
> the case of SCA no such support classes are generated. I was assuming SCA
> runtime would take care of it, but it doesnt. What should I do? Any pointers
> to any guide, etc would also help.
>
> Thanks,
> Sudeep

 Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.