Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sós Dániel <so...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/24 18:21:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 hidden files & folders

Hi,

Sorry, I speak a little english. My native language is Hungarian.

I'm use Debian Wheezy (apache2) and Mozilla Firefox.

I would like see listing my hidden files and hidden folders in my
Firefox browsers at localhost. All files and folders (include . first
character).

Example:

I see now Firefox: http://localhost/archive/

directory-1
dir-2
file.txt
file

I would like see Firefox: http://localhost/archive/

directory-1
dir-2
.dir-3
file.txt
file
.htaccess
.example.txt

My http://localhost/archive/.htaccess file is now:

IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t
php_flag engine off
AddType text/plain php
<Files .htaccess>
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
</Files>

Please help me and help me edit this .htaccess file and I know view my
hidden files & folders. Thanks your answer!

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 hidden files & folders

Posted by Sós Dániel <so...@gmail.com>.
Not work for me in Firefox, but I run /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
apache2 -v
Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
Server built:   Mar  4 2013 21:32:29

Posted by Pete Houston <ph...@openstrike.co.uk>.

Posted by Sós Dániel <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks your answer!

I know not recommended. htaccess files source code is only my
localhost (not internet, only local).

This not work, not listing dot files: IndexIgnore *~ *# HEADER*
README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

My /etc/apache2/sites-available/localhost file is:

<VirtualHost *:80>

    ServerName localhost
    ServerAlias *.localhost
    DocumentRoot /var/www/
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    # IndexIgnore *

    ErrorLog /var/www/.error
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/localhost combined

    HostnameLookups Off
    UseCanonicalName Off
    ServerSignature Off

    <Directory "/var/www/">

        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all

    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

Posted by Pete Houston <ph...@openstrike.co.uk>.
On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 06:21:23PM +0200, Sós Dániel wrote:
> IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

The first term there will prohibit display of your dotfiles. Try
removing it and use this instead:

	IndexIgnore *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

Also, be very careful with this:

> <Files .htaccess>
>     order allow,deny
>     allow from all