Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Ghosh, Achintya (Contractor)" <Ac...@comcast.com> on 2017/07/05 21:55:06 UTC

Kafka shutdown gracefully

Hi team,

What is the command to shutdown kafka server gracefully instead of using 'kill -9 PID'?

If we use bin/kafka-server-stop.sh it shows "No kafka server to stop" but the service actually running and I see the PID by using "ps -ef|grep kafka"

Thanks
Achintya

Re: Kafka shutdown gracefully

Posted by Tom Bentley <t....@gmail.com>.
FTR, the problem with the 4096 character limit is a known issue:

Cheers,

Tom

Posted by Kamal C <ka...@gmail.com>.