Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2009/11/17 23:44:52 UTC

RAT running nicely against Forrest with excludes

Thanks to RAT, Ant, Buildbot, Gump, ...

License header scanning for Forrest is now being regularly done
using the Ant task for RAT and an "excludes" file. This enables
us to neatly exclude stuff that should not be checked.

We run both Buildbot and Gump, and hold the exclude list as
a single file in the Forrest SVN.

[1] Gump descriptor
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/forrest.xml
See the "forrest-rat" entry, which refers to the "gump-rat" target
in forrest/trunk/main/build.xml
which uses the "excludes" file at forrest/trunk/etc/rat-avoid.txt

[2] Gump Results
http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/forrest/forrest-rat/gump_work/build_forrest_forrest-rat.txt

[3] Buildbot config
http://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/buildbot/isis/buildslave2/slave2/rat-buildfiles/forrest.xml

[4] Buildbot results
http://ci.apache.org/projects/forrest/rat-output.txt

I did used to do scanning and license header fixing using
my old committers/relicense/src/perl/insert_license.pl|txt
After getting a similar exclusions list working with RAT
we now have nice correlation of reports. Good work, RAT.

-David

Re: RAT running nicely against Forrest with excludes

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Thanks to RAT, Ant, Buildbot, Gump, ...
>
> License header scanning for Forrest is now being regularly done
> using the Ant task for RAT and an "excludes" file. This enables
> us to neatly exclude stuff that should not be checked.
>
> We run both Buildbot and Gump, and hold the exclude list as
> a single file in the Forrest SVN.
>
> [1] Gump descriptor
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/forrest.xml
> See the "forrest-rat" entry, which refers to the "gump-rat" target
> in forrest/trunk/main/build.xml
> which uses the "excludes" file at forrest/trunk/etc/rat-avoid.txt

To clarify:
At Forrest we use the Ant task for RAT directly (no Maven).
See our build file:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/main/build.xml
See the "gump-rat" target.

-David