Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org> on 2017/01/12 23:33:54 UTC

[Filter] No code?

Hello.

As of today (revision 1778484), the SVN repository
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/filter/trunk
is empty. :(

What is the status/roadmap?

Thanks,
Gilles

[SigProc] Immutability (Was: [Filter] No code?)

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi Bernd.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:43:32 +0200, Bernd Porr wrote:
> Ooops. Sorry. Didn't see that e-mail.

And, re specifying the "Subject:" line, I had the time to forget that
we already agreed on changing the name of the prospective component.
;-)

> I'm away to Greece at the
> moment but I'll have a try re write access at the weekend. I agree
> that it would be much quicker if I could commit to the sandbox
> straight away.

I've just had a quick look at two randomly selected Java files from
your repository:

https://github.com/berndporr/iirj/blob/master/src/main/java/uk/me/berndporr/iirj/

Though I didn't delve into the details, there seems to be a general
remark for increasing the robustness with purely systematic changes:
that would be to make classes immutable, wherever possible.[1]

Are there some considerations (pertaining to the concepts implemented)
that would prevent such modifications?
If not, would you be willing to perform those changes?

Thanks,
Gilles

[1] That would sometimes entail change to the design (e.g. using the
     "fluent API" paradigm rather than "setters").
     See e.g.:

https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-math.git;a=blob;f=src/main/java/org/apache/commons/math4/fitting/SimpleCurveFitter.java;h=54f6cbfe1e003cec74f2b0e71efc1b13000a5525;hb=HEAD

Re: [Filter] No code?

Posted by Bernd Porr <ma...@berndporr.me.uk>.
Ooops. Sorry. Didn't see that e-mail. I'm away to Greece at the moment

Re: [ALL][SigProc] Repository for component candidate? (Was: No code?)

Posted by Eric Barnhill <er...@gmail.com>.
I would also add that this was part of the expected development path of
math modules. The first thing was to see what actually got developed and
supported; this would then shed light on how best to organize it, rather
than lay out an organization for a "best case" set of math libraries that
might never appear.

Eric

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hi.

Re: [Filter] No code?

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
Hello.

On Sat, 22 Apr 2017 22:31:13 +0100, Bernd Porr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sorry for the long silence. I've been just too busy with my main
> (paying) jobs which also involve two startups. I'd love to help that
> realistically I just don't have the time just now. So I should be
> upfront. I'd say from Aug things will have calmed down and happy to
> join
> back in.

Thanks for letting us know.

> I'm also teaching again DSP from Sept so that gives me
> naturally time to work on it.

Great.

Best regards,
Gilles

Re: [Filter] No code?

Posted by Bernd Porr <ma...@berndporr.me.uk>.
Hi all,

sorry for the long silence. I've been just too busy with my main
(paying) jobs which also involve two startups. I'd love to help that
realistically I just don't have the time just now. So I should be
upfront. I'd say from Aug things will have calmed down and happy to join
back in. I'm also teaching again DSP from Sept so that gives me
naturally time to work on it.

Best,

/Bernd

www:    http://www.berndporr.me.uk/