Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christof Schneider <Ch...@gmx.de> on 2003/03/08 02:11:53 UTC

Chaining

TOMCAT 4.0.4, Cocoon 2.0.4

Hi folks out there,

I have a question concerning chaining documents:

I want to transform an xmi (XML Metadata Interchange)
document to an xml document, representing another form. This
xml document should be transformed to another xml documnet,
which is an independent representation of visualisation
data. In a next step this xml document should be transformed
to an svg document or pdf document.

Here the short version:

xmi -> xml -> xml -> svg

How do I setup my sitemap to accomplish this task. As far as
I remember under Cocoon 1.8.x you
would write proccesing instructions into the new
xml-document. This will not work in Cocoon 2, right?

Can anybody give me a link, where this is described or a
short example. Haven't found it in the docs.

TIA,

- Christof

Re: Chaining

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello Christof,

Christof Schneider wrote:
> TOMCAT 4.0.4, Cocoon 2.0.4
>
> Hi folks out there,
>
> I have a question concerning chaining documents:

it's one of the most simple things in Cocoon 2 ;-)

> I want to transform an xmi (XML Metadata Interchange)
> document to an xml document, representing another form. This
> xml document should be transformed to another xml documnet,
> which is an independent representation of visualisation
> data. In a next step this xml document should be transformed
> to an svg document or pdf document.
>
> Here the short version:
>
> xmi -> xml -> xml -> svg
>
> How do I setup my sitemap to accomplish this task. As far as
> I remember under Cocoon 1.8.x you
> would write proccesing instructions into the new
> xml-document. This will not work in Cocoon 2, right?

Right.

> Can anybody give me a link, where this is described or a
> short example. Haven't found it in the docs.
>
> TIA,
>
> - Christof

The sitemap is the center of Cocoon. And you can read about it at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.html.

An example for your three step transformation:

<map:match pattern="my.svg">
   <map:generate src="my.xmi"/>
   <map:transform src="myFirstTransformer.xsl"/>
   <map:transform src="mySecondTransformer.xsl"/>
   <map:transform src="myThirdTransformer.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="svg"/>
</map:match>

Regards,

Joerg