Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by madhu nair <ma...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/11 05:18:44 UTC

Issue with uploading multiple files using MultipartRequestEntity

Hi,
Can the MultipartRequestEntity object be used to upload multiple files at a
time to a url. I seem to have some issues with this. My code works fine for
a single file but then for the 2nd file the same code fails. I am using the
following classes:-
PostMethod

FilePart

This is how I create the filepart object:-

part = *new* FilePart("filename." + (i+1), *new*ByteArrayPartSource(attachment.
attachmentName,attachment.data));

part.setTransferEncoding(*null*);

parts.add(part);

multiParts = parts.toArray(*new* Part[]{});

attach.setRequestEntity(*new* MultipartRequestEntity(multiParts,
attach.getParams()));

code = *httpclient*.executeMethod(attach);

html = attach.getResponseBodyAsString();

I have multiple such file parts added to the parts list before passing it to
the MultipartRequestEntity object. i am not changing the content-type and am
using the default of "application/octet-stream".

Can anyone tell me what is wrong or give me the code snippet to upload
multiple files at a time ?

Thanks for your help.

Madhu

Re: Issue with uploading multiple files using MultipartRequestEntity

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
madhu nair wrote:
> Hi,
> Can the MultipartRequestEntity object be used to upload multiple files at a
> time to a url. I seem to have some issues with this. My code works fine for
> a single file but then for the 2nd file the same code fails.

I haven't heard of a problem with that yet, but I'm not sure it
was tried either. Could you be a wee bit more specific about the
"code fails" part? Exception? Error response from the server?
Endless loop? Blocked forever?
Providing a reproducible test case based on our test framework
would raise your chances that a developer will look into it.

cheers,
   Roland