Posted to user@ant.apache.org by da...@remanresource.com on 2009/02/04 17:51:04 UTC

Making my JAR file include everything

Hi,

I'm using Ant 1.6 on Solaris 9.  When I created a JAR file, I'm trying to include everything in my base directory ("basedir") as well as an additional properties file ...

	      <jar destfile="dist/${nps-config-service-jmeter-jar}"
	        basedir="${build}"
	      	includes="${nps-config-client-file-location-properties}" />

But this command creates a JAR file without the contents of the basedir.  If I remove the 'includes="${nps-config-client-file-location-properties}"' clause, then the contents of the basedir are included.  How can I have both the properties file and the contents of the base dir?

Thanks, - Dave

Re: Making my JAR file include everything

Posted by Haiqi Wei <ha...@gmail.com>.
I have not tested this. But can you copy the property files into the basedir
beforehand,
then do

             <jar destfile="dist/${nps-config-

> service-jmeter-jar}"
>                basedir="${build}"/>

Haiqi.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2009-02-04, <da...@remanresource.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm using Ant 1.6 on Solaris 9.  When I created a JAR file, I'm
> trying to include everything in my base directory ("basedir") as
> well as an additional properties file ...

> 	      <jar destfile="dist/${nps-config-service-jmeter-jar}"
> 	        basedir="${build}"
> 	      	includes="${nps-config-client-file-location-properties}" />

> But this command creates a JAR file without the contents of the
> basedir.  If I remove the
> 'includes="${nps-config-client-file-location-properties}"' clause,
> then the contents of the basedir are included.  How can I have both
> the properties file and the contents of the base dir?

Use several nested filesets instead of trying to do everything in one
step.

<jar ...>
  <fileset dir="${build}"/>
  <fileset file="${nps-config-client-file-location-properties}"/>
</jar>

I'm not sure whether the file attribute of fileset works in your
(obviously dated) version of Ant, though.  you may need to try a few
variations.

Stefan