Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Tran <mi...@Entero.com> on 2006/11/13 19:17:30 UTC

Reset Connection Pool while Webapp is Running

Hello there!

I'm a relative beginner at web development and I'm wondering if you
could help me with a problem. I'm building a webapp using Struts and
iBatis. The problem is, I'd like to be able to change the database
connection information while the app is running and without having to
restart the app. I've got iBatis loading the connection info from a
properties file and I'm changing this properties file during the run.
How would I get Tomcat to reload/reset the connection pool? I've
searched through the previous posts and while some messages have touched
on this problem, there never seems to be an answer or response. I'm
hoping that someone can point me in a direction.

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.

Thanks!

Michael Tran
Software Developer