Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Carl Myers <cm...@palantirtech.com> on 2010/03/11 20:16:23 UTC

Nested Groups and the Atlassian Crowd Connector

Hey all,

I am having some trouble with nested groups.  My application makes a
call to crowd (1.6.1), which then connects to ApacheDS 1.5.5 using the
ApacheDS15 connector.

The actual call made by my app is:
com.atlassian.crowd.integration.springsecurity.RemoteCrowdAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(Authentication
a)

The groups it gets back contain some, but not all, nested groups.  I
think this is a bug in either their connector or their spring security
code.  I know you guys are NOT Atlassian support, I have already filed a
bug on them to try and get this answered, but in the meantime, I was
thinking about what workarounds might be possible.

One workaround that occured to me is: Can ApacheDS be configured to
automatically flatten nested groups, and always return transitive members?

This would be a "quick but dirty fix" for my problem, but I'd take what
I could get.

Thanks!

--
Carl Myers
Palantir Technologies | Internal Tools Software Engineer

Re: Nested Groups and the Atlassian Crowd Connector

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@gmail.com>.
We could write a stored procedure and initerceptor to do this I think.
But it takes time and work :)

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: Nested Groups and the Atlassian Crowd Connector

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de>.
Hi Carl!