Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jim Janson <jj...@adelphia.net> on 2003/04/14 19:56:30 UTC

Re: Stability issue with JRE 1.4.1_02? Anyone?

Just an fyi.

A month ago there was some discussion about stability
issues with the Hotspot Server JVM.  There is a new
beta version of JDK 1.4.2 available that might be worth
looking at to see if the problem still persists;

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

I personally haven't had the issues that some users describe
so I can't do the testing myself.  I would think that the server
JVM would help an application like James so getting this
problem cleared up would benefit us all.

So, if you've switched to -client to get around stability problems,
please consider testing the 1.4.2 beta JVM and let us know what
you find.

Thanks.

Jim