Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2017/08/27 06:20:50 UTC

New website

Hi Sharan, All,

First I want to congratulate you again for your work, really a great achievement!

Now few questions :)

I see that on main page for the carousel you piked the Rainbow theme, are we all OK about that? (Note: I have no problem with it)

Don't we miss a link to the wiki FAQ from the site FAQ page, for instance using  the sentence "Please take a look at our FAQs" for this URL?

Thanks

Jacques

Re: New website

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Sharan, inline...

Le 28/08/2017 à 11:33, Sharan Foga a écrit :
> Hi Jacques
>
> Thanks, the new website was an amazing collaborative effort from quite a few people, so I am not going to take all the credit for it :-)
>
> For the carousel / slider - we did discuss on the mailing list about what to use and it was suggested to use screenshots from OFBiz itself.
> https://s.apache.org/csyu
Yes I remember that

> As we have a darker coloured background, I decided to use the Rainbow theme as it is currently part of our OFBiz release these days.
I see, Flat Grey would fit also, Rainbow is fine with me

> For the FAQ - I did not include a link on purpose because our Wiki FAQ page isn't really an organised FAQ page. It is a mix of a lot of things and
> really needs to be tidied up first.
> An FAQ is in the format of a question and an answer so that people asking a particular question can easily find what they are looking for. Our
> existing Wiki FAQ page only has a few real questions on it but lots of tips and advice so once we have tidied up the wiki and created a true FAQ
> page then it will be good to link it to the website.
OK, makes sense

Thanks

Jacques

Re: New website

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Sharan,

I agree on the FAQ issue. It really needs some care...

Thanks,

Michael

Re: New website

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.