Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/11/07 15:30:08 UTC

Re: A few new features

Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Last week, I've had some time to hack on my notebook. Fun stuff only. I've
> finished a few things I started earlier and did some other things.
> Here's a list of what I've done. Since some of them might be
> controversial I want to give you a chance to object, just in case. So
> here are the changes (almost) ready for committing on my notebook:

Hi Jeremias,

I have no comment for most of the items you mentioned. Generally they
all sound good, except for one :)

<snip/>

> - The command-line gets a new option: -out application/pdf myfile.pdf is
> the generic way to create an output file. If someone created a WordXML
> output handler and provided the right service resource file he could
> specify "-out text/xml+msword out.xml". "-out list" lists all MIME types
> that are available for output.

Are you saying that the -ps, -pdf, etc options are to be replaced by
-out application/pdf, etc? If so, then I don't like that at all. It's
much more convenient to just type -ps or -pdf.

<snip/>

Chris

Re: A few new features

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 07.11.2005 15:30:08 Chris Bowditch wrote:
<snip/>
> > - The command-line gets a new option: -out application/pdf myfile.pdf is
> > the generic way to create an output file. If someone created a WordXML
> > output handler and provided the right service resource file he could
> > specify "-out text/xml+msword out.xml". "-out list" lists all MIME types
> > that are available for output.
>
> Are you saying that the -ps, -pdf, etc options are to be replaced by
> -out application/pdf, etc? If so, then I don't like that at all. It's
> much more convenient to just type -ps or -pdf.

I don't intend to remove any of the existing options. It's just an
addition.

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki