Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina" <mi...@mail.rktmb.org> on 2005/01/27 22:04:09 UTC

SA3.0.2, rewrite and transform spam

Hello.

I have a problem with one mail system.

First, I used an exim4 MTA combined with SA. (Let SA be SpamAssassin)

SA used to rewrite the X-Spam-xxx flags to report what he finds. It's
OK, the stuff work very well, the $HOME/.forward filter on X-Spam-xxx
header is OK.

SA changes the spam message and the body becomes the SA report and the
initial Spam becomes attachement.

Now, my physical mail server is about to change, and I'm now based on
another mail server wich is a postfix one, on another domain.

The idea I found is to edit /etc/alias on the first (exim) server to
tell to forward the messages for my-login to my my-login@the.new.domain
Like this:

mihamina : mihamina@the.new.domain

It works... almost:

On the new server (the second, on the new domain) is also a running SA.

The messages modified by SA on the first server are forwarded too, but
they're modified, and the body is the SA report.

The second SA (on the postfix-procmail) checks it and finds it OK and
then overwrite the X-Spam-xxx! then I receive it instead of having it
processed by procmail to the .spam/ folder!

Doesn't SA check the X-Spam header before overwriting it? Who rewrote
the X-Spam header? Can I assume it's the second SA check? How to avoid
that?

--
ASPO Xxxxxxxxxxx     - http://aspo.xxxxx.xxx/activites/xxxxxxx
Unofficial FAQ fcolc - http://faq.fcolc.eu.org/