Posted to user@struts.apache.org by john d ware <jd...@frii.com> on 2001/01/29 20:23:11 UTC

struts and weblogic

Hi,
    I am trying to use weblogic and struts, and am having trouble
getting weblogic to read in the struts examples when I'm NOT connected
to the web. I assume that I should be able to run a webapp built on
struts in a stand-alone environment.

Here is a partial output from weblogic when starting up.
Any help is very appreciated.
john

[ExternalEntity] : Could not resolve entity '-//Sun Microsystems,
Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN'.  Check your dtd reference.
Mon Jan 29 10:03:12 MST 2001:<E> <HTTP> Error reading Web application
'c:/proj/jakarta/dist/struts/webapps/struts-example.war'
java.net.UnknownHostException: java.sun.com
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:577)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:546)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:539)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java,
Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:221)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:85)
        at weblogic.net.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:117)
        at
weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:97)
        at
weblogic.net.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
com.sun.xml.parser.Resolver.createInputSource(Resolver.java:253)
        at
com.sun.xml.parser.ExternalEntity.getInputSource(ExternalEntity.java:49)

        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.pushReader(Parser.java:2748)
        at
com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.externalParameterEntity(Parser.java:2500)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeDoctypeDecl(Parser.java:1136)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Parser.java:480)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java:283)
        at
weblogic.xml.dom.SunDOMParser.getDocument(SunDOMParser.java:69)
        at weblogic.xml.dom.DOMParser.getDocument(DOMParser.java:102)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.dd.DescriptorLoader.<init>(DescriptorLoader.java:132)

        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.loadWARContext(HttpServer.java:645)
        at
weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.initServletContexts(HttpServer.java,
Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:442)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java, Compiled Code)
        at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.main(T3Srvr.java:825)
        at weblogic.Server.startServerDynamically(Server.java:99)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:65)
        at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:55)

Mon Jan 29 10:03:12 MST 2001:<E> <HTTP> Error creating servlet context
for Web application
'c:/proj/jakarta/dist/struts/webapps/struts-example.war'
java.lang.NullPointerException

RE: struts and weblogic

Posted by "Deadman, Hal" <ha...@tallan.com>.
I use something like the following if I want to reference a local dtd. When
I build EJBs with Ant it seems to want to validate the dtd so I use local
dtds in order to compile while off-line.

<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 2.0//EN" 'file:///D:/somedirectory/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd'>

Re: struts and weblogic

Posted by john d ware <jd...@frii.com>.
Vincent,

Re: struts and weblogic