Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "andre.nas" <mo...@yahoo.com.au> on 2010/07/13 03:27:37 UTC

ActiveMQ not running using SMF on solaris

Dear all,
Maybe someone experience using SMF on solaris. I make SMF Manifest but,
after couple minute the activemq is under maintenance. If i run manually
everthing fine, please advice me.

THanks in Advance.
Andre

Here is my manifest :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE service_bundle SYSTEM
"/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1">

<service_bundle type='manifest' name='Active MQ'>

<service
        name='network/http'
        type='service'
        version='1'>

        <!--
          Because we may have multiple instances of network/http
          provided by different implementations, we keep dependencies
          and methods within the instance.
        -->

        <instance name='activemq' enabled='false'>
                <!--
                  Wait for network interfaces to be initialized.
                -->
                <dependency name='network'
                    grouping='require_all'
                    restart_on='error'
                    type='service'>
                    <service_fmri value='svc:/milestone/network:default'/>
                </dependency>

                <!--
                  Wait for all local filesystems to be mounted.
                -->

        <dependency name='filesystem-local'
                    grouping='require_all'
                    restart_on='none'
                    type='service'>
                    <service_fmri
                        value='svc:/system/filesystem/local:default'/>
                </dependency>

                <!--
                  Wait for automounting to be available, as we may be
                  serving data from home directories or other remote
                  filesystems.
                -->

                <dependency name='autofs'
                    grouping='optional_all'
                    restart_on='error'
                    type='service'>
                    <service_fmri
                        value='svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default'/>
                </dependency>

                <!-- restrict privileges and run as user root -->
                <method_context>
                       <method_credential
                                user='webservd' group='webservd'
                                privileges='basic,net_privaddr' />
                </method_context>

                <exec_method
                        type='method'
                        name='start'
                        exec='/opt/activemq/bin/activemq-admin start'
                        timeout_seconds='120' >
                </exec_method>

                <exec_method
                        type='method'
                        name='stop'
                        exec='/opt/activemq/bin/activemq-admin stop'
                        timeout_seconds='120' >
                </exec_method>

                <property_group name='httpd' type='application'>
                        <stability value='Evolving' />
                        <propval name='ssl' type='boolean' value='false' />
                </property_group>

                <property_group name='startd' type='framework'>
                        <!-- sub-process core dumps shouldn't restart
                                session -->
                        <propval name='ignore_error' type='astring'
                                value='core,signal' />
                </property_group>

        </instance>

        <stability value='Evolving' />

        <template>
                <common_name>
                        <loctext xml:lang='C'>Active MQ</loctext>
                </common_name>
                <documentation>
                  <doc_link name="Active MQ"
uri="http://activemq.apache.org/getting-started.html"/>
                </documentation>
        </template>
</service>

</service_bundle>

---
My SMF log.

INFO  /admin                         - Initializing Spring FrameworkServlet
'dispatcher'
INFO  log                            - ActiveMQ Console at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/admin
INFO  log                            - ActiveMQ Web Demos at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/demo
INFO  log                            - RESTful file access application at
http://0.0.0.0:8161/fileserver
INFO  log                            - Started
SelectChannelConnector@0.0.0.0:8161
[ Jul 12 18:46:56 Method or service exit timed out.  Killing contract 325 ]
[ Jul 12 18:46:56 Method "start" failed due to signal KILL ]
[ Jul 12 18:51:47 Leaving maintenance because disable requested. ]

Re: ActiveMQ not running using SMF on solaris

Posted by "andre.nas" <mo...@yahoo.com.au>.
Not sur this is the best solution or not, after creating script for running
in background, SMF running ok.