Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/05/01 19:51:31 UTC

[FLEXJS] Manifest files in the build?

Hi,

I am continuing down the path of compiling the asjs modules with maven. I gave up on the path of providing manual config scripts for each step and now generate them on the fly from the maven configuration. Currently I'm trying to automate the manifest declarations. Currently they are all in the "src/main/resources" directory. Now my question is: Are these manifests bundled inside the swc or are they just input to the build?

The reason I am asking is that if they are not bundled in the SWC, then I would like to move the manifest files to a separate directory "src/main/manifests" and automatically add files in there to the generated configuration files. If they are bundled, I have to check each xml file in the resources bundle and check if it's a manifest declaration, which is not easy as we don't declare a namespace. It doesn't feel good to check the name of the root element.

Chris

AW: [FLEXJS] Manifest files in the build?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

I'm thinking of generating the namespaces list in the compilation config xmls automatically.  So would it be ok to move them to a "manifests" directory? Maven is a lot about needing no configuration for the most common use-cases but to allow to fine-tune.

Chris
Are you talking about the files like basic-manifest.xml?  What list will
you use to generate them?  Not all classes go in the manifest.

The manifests do not get packed into the SWC.

-Alex

Re: [FLEXJS] Manifest files in the build?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.