Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jonathan Hall <fl...@flimzy.com> on 2016/10/21 13:25:47 UTC

HTTPS problem with CouchDB 1.6.1

I've recently and suddenly started having problems accessing my CouchDB
1.6.1 installation via HTTPS:

$ curl -v https://$HOST:6984/
*   Trying $IP...
* Connected to $HOST ($IP) port 6984 (#0)
* found 173 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
* found 696 certificates in /etc/ssl/certs
* ALPN, offering h2
* ALPN, offering http/1.1
* gnutls_handshake() failed: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
* Closing connection 0
curl: (35) gnutls_handshake() failed: The TLS connection was
non-properly terminated.

How can I debug this on the server side?  I've turned on debug logs, but
it doesn't show me anything that's apparently useful. I just get a bunch
of lines like this, when I restart the server:

[Fri, 21 Oct 2016 13:21:13 GMT] [error] [<0.20.0>] {error_report,<0.9.0>,
                                  {<0.20.0>,std_error,
                                   "File operation error: eacces.
Target: ./tls_connection.beam. Function: get_file. Process: code_server."}}

Each one with a different value after Target: (full log here:
http://pastebin.com/h6MmzRrD ).

I get no logs when I try to connect to the server.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks for any help.

-- Jonathan

Re: HTTPS problem with CouchDB 1.6.1

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
The eacces errors are unrelated. They are caused by the erlang runtime searching for .beam files in a directory it cannot read. This can be remedied by modifying the init.d script to 'cd' to a directory that it can read. The errors are harmless.

To your real problem then. Use curl's -k option to get more information of the TLS failure or visit the couchdb url in a browser, which will render that information more clearly.

What version of erlang are you using?
What version of openssl?

B.

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Our website, couchdb.apache.org, tells you how but I'll say it again here;

B.

Posted by "Diego ." <di...@gmail.com>.