Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/03 10:00:05 UTC

What does "?wsdl" mean?

I publish a web service by CXF. And I can get the wsdl by
http://localhost:8080/hello?wsdl. I wander why "?wsdl" mean. How can I
import this wsdl from other wsdl file?

Re: What does "?wsdl" mean?

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.
This is a good learner article.

Re: What does "?wsdl" mean?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.

Re: What does "?wsdl" mean?

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.
Can I invoke a web service by appending something on service link? For
example, I publish a web service on "http://localhost:8080/services/hello"
and its wsdl defines a operation "echo". How can I invoke this method? I
have tried "http://localhost:8080/services/hello?method=echo&name="hello
world" but it failed and return this error:
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soap:Body><soap:Fault><faultcode>soap:Server</faultcode><faultstring>Unexpected
character '/' (code 47) in prolog; expected '&lt;'&#xd;
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]:
[1,1]</faultstring></soap:Fault></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>

Re: What does "?wsdl" mean?