Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Poorna Murali <po...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/26 16:41:05 UTC

Reg Solr field cache

Hi,
Adding more details to my previous email.

We are using Solr 8.4 . In our solr config we have autoCommit as hardcommit
with opensearcher =false.and we do NOT have autosoftCommit Or explicit soft
commit. Hence I presume that new searched won't be opened to invalidate the
field cache.

But it looks that field cache is getting cleared sometimes.
Please let me know if there is any other possibility here that could have
cleared the field cache.
Our jvm heap size is 24Gb.

Thanks,
Poorna

Re: Reg Solr field cache

Posted by Michael Gibney <mi...@michaelgibney.net>.
Taking a look at this, and going back to your initial question, it's
unclear to me whether you're encountering a problem that you're trying
to solve -- unless the problem is that you're _not_ hitting OOM? ;-)
-- or are just asking out of general academic curiosity? If the
former, could you be more explicit about what you consider to be the
problem? If the latter, could you clarify the nature of what you're
wondering about?