Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Kevin R. Gutch" <kg...@protechemail.com> on 2006/11/21 00:17:02 UTC

logging

I am trying to correctly configure logging in my application.

Currently I have placed logging.properties in the /WEB-INF/classes
folder. With this I get a log file specific to the application. This is
exactly what I expect. However, I still receive output in the
stdout.log. The output is almost exactly the same as the application
specific log(except System.out.println() statements end up in the stdout
file).I am not sure why I am still receiving the stdout file? Can anyone
explain it to me? I could see if it had different info but it is almost
verbatim the same.

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: logging

Posted by "Kevin R. Gutch" <kg...@protechemail.com>.

 handlers = org.apache.juli.FileHandler, java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler

# Handler specific properties.
# Describes specific configuration info for Handlers.

org.apache.juli.FileHandler.level = INFO
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.directory = ${catalina.base}/logs
org.apache.juli.FileHandler.prefix = TKXapp

java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level = INFO
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter =
java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

Re: logging

Posted by Gaurav Kushwaha <ga...@gmail.com>.
Can you mail the contents of your log4j.properties file.

On 11/21/06, Kevin R. Gutch <kg...@protechemail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to correctly configure logging in my application.
>
> Currently I have placed logging.properties in the /WEB-INF/classes
> folder. With this I get a log file specific to the application. This is
> exactly what I expect. However, I still receive output in the
> stdout.log. The output is almost exactly the same as the application
> specific log(except System.out.println() statements end up in the stdout
> file).I am not sure why I am still receiving the stdout file? Can anyone
> explain it to me? I could see if it had different info but it is almost
> verbatim the same.

Gaurav Singh Kushwaha
Ph: +91-9880101496
Bangalore, India.