Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Th...@putnam.com on 2005/11/30 21:16:39 UTC

Re: [m102] corrupt png files in a jar -- SOLVED

Brett,

Thanks so much.  When we looked at the project,  filtering was set to
'true'

When it was changed to 'false', the image files in the jar file were saved
correctly.

Thanks again for your help.
Tom

             Brett Porter
             <brett.porter@gma
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       Maven Users List
             11/29/2005 10:57          <us...@maven.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: [m102] corrupt png files in a
               "Maven Users            jar
                   List"
             <users@maven.apac
                  he.org>

Do you have filtering enabled by any chance?

- Brett

On 11/30/05, Thomas_Perry@putnam.com <Th...@putnam.com> wrote:

> hello to all,
>
> we have a project that consists *only* of image files, like gif, png etc.
>
> a team member is using the jar goal on this project, and the jar is
> then distributed to webapps that need the images.
>
> However, after jarring up the image files, they are then unreadable.
>
> I saw a reference from google about a maven.jar.compress property.
> We set it to false in project.properties but it had no effect.
>
> Has anyone else done something similar? Used the jar goal on
> a project of image files like gif or png?  Did it work ok,
> or have there been similar problems?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Tom Perry
>

> This message is intended for the recipient only and is not meant to be
forwarded or distributed in any other format. This communication is for
informational purposes only.  It is not intended as an offer or
solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument, or
security, or as an official confirmation of any transaction.  Putnam does
not accept purchase or redemptions of securities, instructions, or
authorizations that are sent via e-mail.   All market prices, data and
other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are
subject to change without notice.  Any comments or statements made herein
do not necessarily reflect those of Putnam, LLC (DBA Putnam Investments)
and its subsidiaries and affiliates.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this e-mail, please delete the e-mail.