Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com> on 2017/10/16 17:31:20 UTC

Proposal to build Trafodion on RH7

RH7 g++ compiler is stringent than that of RH6. SQL code in Trafodion is already built with an option to flag warnings as errors. With PR 1260 https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafodion/pull/1260 (already merged to Trafodion master), Trafodion can be built successfully on RH7. However, RH7 build hasn't been tested yet to run the regressions.

For contributors to be aware of the compilation errors with RH7 in their pull request, I would suggest Trafodion can be enabled to be built on RH7 as part of check-PR. Then, it becomes the responsibility of the contributors to fix the RH7 compilation issues before the PR is merged to Trafodion master.

I would like to get some feedback on this proposal from the community.

Selva

RE: Proposal to build Trafodion on RH7

Posted by "Liu, Yuan (Yuan)" <yu...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

We heard several times from community users about whether Trafodion can support RH7.

Best regards,
Yuan

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
+1

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi,

FYI: I partially answered my own question about RH6 vs. RH7. There is a chart on Wikipedia (here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux) that shows the planned phase-out for RH6. It isn't until 2021, so we will support it for a while.

Dave

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.